At Integrated Data Management Systems, we are dedicated to staying up-to-date with CMS news, policy changes, and deadlines so that our clients remain compliant. Today, we will remind you about some important deadlines, one of which is happening this coming weekend.
July 3, 2011, is the final deadline for eligible hospitals to begin the 90-day reporting period to demonstrate meaningful use under the 2011 Medicare EHR Incentive Program. That means you have only four days left to begin the reporting period.
As a quick refresher, here is information about the Medicare EHR Incentive Program (via the CMS page about the program):
The Medicare EHR Incentive Program will provide incentive payments to eligible professionals, eligible hospitals, and CAHs that demonstrate meaningful use of certified EHR technology.
- Participation can begin as early as 2011.
- Eligible professionals can receive up to $44,000 over five years under the Medicare EHR Incentive Program. There’s an additional incentive for eligible professionals who provide services in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HSPA).
- To get the maximum incentive payment, Medicare eligible professionals must begin participation by 2012.
- Incentive payments for eligible hospitals and CAHs may begin as early as 2011 and are based on a number of factors, beginning with a $2 million base payment.
- For 2015 and later, Medicare eligible professionals, eligible hospitals, and CAHs that do not successfully demonstrate meaningful use will have a payment adjustment in their Medicare reimbursement.
Further dates that we recommend our clients, and any eligible professionals or hospitals interested in maintaining compliance, mark on their calendars: Continue reading ‘Don’t Forget: Eligible Hospitals Must Begin 90-Day Reporting By July 3′